My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://shithawksonparade.com and update your bookmarks.

sh!thawks...on parade: and i'm out on the porch

flickr twitter ghosts

12.2.06


this morning's playlist:

My Immortal (acoustic) - Evanesance
Three Angels - Headstones
I Am the Highway - Audioslave
Lucky - Bif Naked
Bother - Stone Sour
Hurt - Johnny Cash
The Fine Art of Falling Apart - Matthew Good
Street Spirit - Radiohead
Ahead By a Century - The Tragically Hip

i like my balcony. i like it because i have blue lights on it. i like it because it's quiet at 1am. i like it because i can turn my the lights in my room off, shut the door, put on some music and sit out on my balcony and not have to deal with people if i don't want to. the strain is starting to show around here. i watched a guy from townhouse 23 walk outside with a hockey stick and i knew that he was going to hit the big wooden box in front of his place. it's far too easy for me to recognize that stance. hit the box. hit the box. hit the box. throw the stick. sit on the stairs. get up. find something on the ground and examine it. throw it on the ground. walk over to the hockey stick. pick it up. twirl it around in you hands slowly as you think things over. slowly walk back inside and quietly shut the door. human nature is far too predictable.
i didn't drink last night. sometimes drunk people annoy the fuck out of me. sometimes they don't. last night was borderline. i don't know why, this is just the way it goes in my head.
it's a large mental strain i could do without. i've always somehow been relegated to the position of Watcher at a party. I watch my friends and make sure they don't do something too stupid. i watch what goes on and file it away in my head. i don't know if i tell myself to do this or not, i just always have. ever since high school. i watch and keep things in order and rarely does anyone recognize this. most of the time i don't mind that they don't see it. it's like the little things that go on behind the scenes that are better left unseen because it takes away from the production.
i made sure that vicki got on her bus ok last night. i waited with her at the stop and we talked and then she went home. and then ten minutes later she phoned and said thanks for doing that, you're a good person and a good friend.
i think those reminders are important.

current mood: "The World I Know" by Collective Soul

and i'm out on the porch

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Hurt - Johnny Cash
The Fine Art of Falling Apart - Matthew Good

nice choices. two points each.

9:29 PM  
Blogger PatZ said...

johnny cash totally owns that song now.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment