My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://shithawksonparade.com and update your bookmarks.

sh!thawks...on parade: you mean we get to go on the skytrain?

flickr twitter ghosts

18.2.06


so The Matriarch finally got to see my room. she was impressed that it was clean.
she is also impressed by Translink. i think it's because she was excited to ride on the skytrain.
anyway, we started at harbour center and walked down to granville so i could go to the TD Tower and deposit my Ralph Bucks. then we walked down robson to denman and then back up along coal harbour and up into gastown a bit. and then to Steamworks for lunch where i was given a quizzical look about ordering beer with lunch. what? it was 2pm, fair game.
and theeeeeeen....um...back up to campus where she is might impressed with her hotel room.
after a bit of a rest we went and took the skytrain to VCC to meet up with friend brett who works for the cbc. we went to this neato little trendy restaurant on Main and East Broadway called Monsoon.
holy fuck was that tasty. i had the pork belly dish, and i swear ive never had such a deliciously tasting piece of fat. no seriously, it was like "would you like some pork with your melty delicious pork belly fat?" and to top it off, chai flavoured crême brulé. a homer drool is in order.
i really should be working on my promotional culture essay right now.
i had to switch topics. i settled on companies creating brand identites that lead to brand loyalty by consumers, but im basing it off three criteria: 1. that they develop a trust relationship with the consumer, 2. that they can demonstrate they are better than the competition, 3. the use of constant marketing that serves as subtle reminders of the relationship that has been created.
i think a lot of people will pick this topic, but im hoping that my writing style will distinguish it, plus i doubt anyone decided on those three subthemes. the actual question given was "explore the strategies used to create brand loyalty" so i figure most people will do "company X does this, company Y does this."
fuck that, that's boring.
at least my way is indicative of some depth of critical examination at the foundation of the actual loyalty.
and with that i bid you good night.

current mood: "Rock Past It" by Scratching Post

you mean we get to go on the skytrain?

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Natalie said...

Hey PatZ, thanks for the book info!

Cool site! I celebrated my 25th b-day at Monsoon...cool pics. :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Susan Natalie said...

K, I've got something else to say.

With regards to all that internet stuff..cool that you can write papers on it and all that...I've got a little secret..I once "pretended" that I was a university psych student writing a paper on online dating, but I think I secretly would enjoy doing it.

I got out of this short stinted relationship (4 months) with this guy I met on lavalife, last June. Incedently, he broke up w/ me on my b-day and he's a totaly ass.

But anyway, after we broke up he was triend to mess w/ me, and I totally caught on. Then I busted him on lavalife (all the while he was dating someone else who was completely naive to what was going on at the time) so I decided to mess with him.

I created a fake profile and then carried on with him for a bit and wow, he bought Finally, I thought, I should stope this before I turn really crazy, so I told him: My name is not Jessica, I'm not a waitress from the Cactus club, I'm not 25 and I will not be meeting you for sex. I'm a university student and I'm using this as research for my paper on online dating. Thanks, you've been a great help and a very interesting subject!

Anyway, I could go on but I think you get the jist. But in all honesty, that relationship openend me up to the realization of how some people are soooooo affected and wrapped up in electronic communication and online life that they loose the ability to communicate in real life, among other things....

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You are my photography idol.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Shaz said...

I second Choopie.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment