My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://shithawksonparade.com and update your bookmarks.

sh!thawks...on parade: On Stage Apparitions

flickr twitter ghosts

6.11.05


of the 100 odd pictures i took at last night's concert this is the one i was waiting for.
again, front and center only this time, another two feet closer so i was right up against the rail. best spot evah!
while we were waiting for the show to start tony walked by and i managed to talk to him for a few minutes. he'd read about everett's and mine failed attempts at getting into the blogger get together yesterday. gotta say he was a pretty cool guy. and yes, to my surprise upon getting up this morning and checking out his blog for concert pics there's ev and i staring back at me from the screen. and yes i'm aware that that's not the correct concert shirt.
show was wicked good. two encores. and i managed to get a set list. while there were a few times during the course of the night where the communication student in my brain was dictating to me about why i was taking so many pictures was because according to Gaze theory i was using the pics to project myself into them, and that i wanted a set list becuase of the inherent commodity value placed on it by fans, i did manage to quash most of the heavier theory back into the recesses of my head and enjoy the show without telling ymself to shut up.
you should hear what goes on in there when i watch a movie...honestly...
i'm in the process of posting some of the pics from the concert on my new buzznet account. i say some because some are better than others.
ok, i need breaskfast. we're going to post concert denny's breakfast. gross yes, tasty, yes, slowly poison my body willingly? yes. do i care today? no.

current mood: "Little Terror" by Matt Good

On Stage Apparitions

4 Comments:

Blogger Shaz said...

I am le jealous. But my slurpee is tiding me over.

1:26 PM  
Blogger RK said...

Hi Pat,
I'm one of the Amnesty people you talked to (and I was on your right for the show on the 5th, I believe).
I doubt that I would be able to make it to your benefit - I live in the Valley so it's a bit of a drive - but I hope you can find some AI folk to come and help out. I'll do what I can. Lovely picture, too. I have yet to find out if any if my disposable camera ones actually worked.

2:40 PM  
Blogger ianmack said...

"the communication student in my brain was dictating to me..." quotes are bang on. there's a definite contradiction when you know you shouldn't feel so giddy at a rock concert but you can't help it when matt's kicking ass onstage.

11:36 AM  
Blogger PatZ said...

hahaha yeah. I should have written down the self analysis that went through my head about the Slipknot costume I made for that concert. Self-conflict of interest is such a hassle...

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment