My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://shithawksonparade.com and update your bookmarks.

sh!thawks...on parade: they never go away

flickr twitter ghosts

22.3.06

im listening to the guitar parts i have recorded on my computer.
i got to one and all of a sudden it made me remember what it was like going to have dinner at my grandma's place for dinner all the time before she died.
i have no idea why this one random line i recorded made me remember that...the dishes that were used, the smells, the feel of the carpet...
she had a really big fridge which was the kind where the freezer was on the bottom, and i always wondered how she got stuf on the top shelf in the fridge part because she was short.
my sister and i each had own own cups for coke there.
after dinner we'd play rummy.
i havent really thought about this in a while...
i was living in ottawa when i found out she'd passed away. i got home from ash's place and i checked my messages and there was one from my mom and she had a weird tone in her voice and told me to phone home no matter what time it was. it was like 11:30pm there.
my mom wanted me to write a poem about her for her memorial. my family and relatives and family friends covet my poems. i dont like to make them public that much but i cant really say no to that. i always thought it was weird how at the memorial people would take a copy and read it and then find out i wrote it and come over to me and tell me that i captured her spirit in words. i havent thought about it in a while...
i have this guitar part on repeat. all i can see in my head is the dining room in her condo. but it's empty...
she always did like when i played music for her.

they never go away

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaah...{{{hugz for patz}}}

Just consider yourself lucky that you had such a grandmother. Not all of us had these experiences. I'm glad you found something that triggered that..not for the fact it made you sad, but for the memory release.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment